DISSOLVING DARKNESS WITH SOULFUL MELODIES: FIVE LEGENDARY BLIND SINGERS

To gather what life has bestowed upon you and to make the most out of it, sounds like everybody’s plan, doesn’t it? However, a very few with the passion and the dedication in their hearts are able to make this statement a reality. These are the people for whom the phrase, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going”, is the emblem. Presenting to you five of the most acclaimed blind singers, who overcame all the hardships to achieve the extraordinary.


Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder
Image source : latimes.com

Ah! The beats in his classic songs and the soothing voice which follows, makes one jump out their chairs and just move across the kitchen floor dancing with their beau. Be it jazz, pop, rhythm and blues or soul music, Stevie has rocked them all.

So get a lil’ naughty and dance to the tune of Stevie Wonder’s Part time lover (wink)
“We are undercover passion on the run, Chasing love up against the sun, We are strangers by day, lovers by night, Knowing it’s so wrong, but feeling so right If I’m with friends and we should meet, Just pass me by, don’t even speak, Know the word’s “discreet” with part-time lovers.”


Ray Charles
Ray Charles
Image source : rollingstone.com

Ray Charles nicknamed as “The Genius”, oh! Which genre of music did the man not conquer , rhythm and blues, soul, gospel, country, jazz, pop, rock and roll, he has all to his name. So let us today bring alive the memory of a lost love affair, with Ray Charles’ I can’t stop loving you

P.S – Preferably with a glass, umm… no wait! A bottle of wine and a box of tissue paper

“Those happy hours that we once knew, Tho’ long ago, they still make me blue, They say that time heals a broken heart, But time has stood still since we’ve been apart I can’t stop loving you, I’ve made up my mind, To live in memories of the lonesome times I can’t stop loving you”


Andrea Bocelli
Andrea Bocelli
Image source : Dustin Ginberg’s youtube channel

With that honey dripping powerful voice of his, Bocelli has proved to the world that nothing is unconquerable. The variations in his songs are so deep that you feel instantly connected to them, and that is exactly what good music is all about, that which penetrates through your heart.

So close your eyes and understand the meaning of love with Andrea Bocelli’s someone like you

And if it’s the only thing I ever do
Then I know it’s true That I should love someone like you Someone who believes in me Makes my voice to sing with a heart so free As sure as I can be For me if one dream can come true Then I will love someone like you”


Diane Schuur
Diane Schuur
Image source : Google images

Popularly known as “Deedles”, this groovy lady has set her own mark in the arena. To watch her live play the piano and sing should be on the bucket list of all us music lovers. So much grace, so much dedication for her work, words can never be enough to encapsulate the beauty and the rich aroma her melodious music carries.

So get hold of your headphones on a breezy Saturday night and understand the depth of the words in Diane Schuur’s, A Sunday kind of love

“And my arms need someone Someone to enfold To keep me warm when Mondays and Tuesdays grow cold Love for all my life to have and to hold Oh and I want a Sunday kind of love Oh yeah, yeah, yeah I don’t want a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday or Thursday, Friday or Saturday Oh nothing but Sunday, oh yeah I want a Sunday I want a Sunday kind of love, Oh yeah Sunday, Sunday, Sunday kind of love”


Ronnie Milsap
Ronnie Milsap
Image source : pentaxforums.com

Country Music, doesn’t it altogether mend and revive your soul especially when it comes from one of its most influential performers. This magical pianist with his powerful voice brings the audience to life and his voice is bound to give you goose bumps too. So hop on a crazy unpredictable ride with Ronnie Milsap’s, A Woman in love

“I ought to know ‘cause I’ve held a few, I’ve seen the things that a woman can do, She’ll play the game ‘til you call her bluff Oh, you never know with a woman in love. No matter what you do or say She’s always got to have her way This is very unpredictable stuff, You never know with a woman in love.”

#localturnon  || +Local Turnon   ||www.localturnon.com   ||www.facebook.com/localturnon   || #LTO